A place for big ideas
Task: XXL with Human Touch
The stated goal of the partners involved was to make Potsdamer Platz a magnet for visitors and to emotionally boost the location as a metropolitan experience for visitors. While many other festival locations stand for tradition, the festival set the future in the light and involved the visitors.
Idea: To make the “Platz” the place for big and lasting emotions
The tall, modern buildings and large, wide plazas are included and staged as a total experience. The productions run from the Kollhoff-Tower to the Piano Lake. The floor surfaces are also included in the projection and create a coherent overall picture. Not to mention: Visitors do not just come to marvel, they can become active themselves.
Implementation: Shining ideas in series
Potsdamer Platz is a permanent, central part of the FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS and offers plenty of room for surprises each year. Every year, the Festival of Lights team faces the challenge of surpassing previous concepts and productions. With it were among other things:
• Huge projections on Kollhoff-Tower, Piano Haus and Potsdamer Platz
• Faces of Berlin - an oversized mask on which the audience could project their own faces
• TheHouse of Cards" and the "Angels of Freedom“.
• The boats on the Pianosee
• „My light is your light" as a reminder of those who are forced to leave their homes.
• The luminous rabbits of Australian artist Amanda Parrer and the award-winning Nikola Tesla 4D mapping on Haus Huth.
Result: Central meeting point of the festival
In close cooperation with the Potsdamer Platz Management, innovative concepts are created every year for the staging of the district. The public and the media experience Potsdamer Platz as the central meeting point of the festival. The FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS media channels publicise the Potsdamer Platz and so do many media reports.
Partner: Proven cooperation
Potsdamer Platz Management GmbH / Interest and Marketing Community Potsdamer Platz